“Before we being our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you.” – Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
No, I am not mad, but I would like to welcome you to Harry Potter week here on The Paperback Pilgrim. As stated in my Read-A-Long 2016 introduction post I will be posting something Harry Potter related every day for the next seven days.
To start, I figured there was no better place than to give you some ‘Very Harry Potter’ facts about myself. Ready to find out how much Harry Potter has touched my life? Keep on reading to find out my thoughts and opinions.
- I was nine when I received the first three Harry Potter novels in a box set for my birthday from my Uncle.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is my least favourite book in the series only because I have an irrational fear of snakes.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book of the series but it is my least favourite movie adaptation.
- I own replica Hermione Granger earrings from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I tend to wear them only on special occasions
- I have attended the midnight release parties from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix onwards.
- My best friend and I picked up Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at a midnight release. We finished our respective book within seven hours of cracking the front cover.
- If I could change one thing about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows it would have to be the epilogue. I feel I would have appreciated the Harry Potter series more if it was left open-ended and up to my imagination.
- J.K. Rowling is an auto-buy author for me. Always has been and always will be.
- I got both Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quiditch Through the Ages through my dentist as he had copies in his ‘Cavity Free’ treasure chest.
- On Pottermore I have been sorted into the Gryffindor house for the Hogwarts School of witchcraft and Wizardry and the Horned Serpent house for the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- As Hermione is my favourite character in the Harry Potter universe I wanted to be just like her. So much so that when I was thirteen I convinced my mom to let me get a perm in order to emulate Hermione’s bushy hair.
- I was able to collect all __ of the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie tie in sticker book.
- I had the pleasure of meeting James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) when they attended my local comic convention.
- I prefer cold Butterbeer to warm Butterbeer.
- If I could produce a patronus charm, it would definitely take the form of a pug.
- My favourite Hogwarts professor would have to be Professor Flitwick.
- According to a BuzzFeed quiz the pet I would bring to Hogwarts is a cat. Hopefully a professor can teach me an anti-allergic spell.
- I actually don’t mind the grass flavoured Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
- My best friend and I are undefeated Harry Potter Scene It players. We may take that game far too seriously.
- I am one of those few who believe that Umbridge was the true villain of the Harry Potter series.
- In May 2015 I was lucky enough to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tours in London, where I cried when seeing the to scale model of Hogwarts.
- In August 2015, I was also lucky enough to travel to Edinburgh where I went on The Potter Trail walking tour, where I once again cried.
- While I was in Edinburgh, I was able to have tea at The Elephant Room, the famed café that boasts it was one of the cafés J.K. Rowling frequented while writing the earlier Harry Potter books. I am one of the many Harry Potter fans who showed their appreciation by writing on one of The Elephant Room’s bathroom walls (shh).
- In October 2015 I got a Deathly Hallows symbol tattoo. I eventually want to add something in relation to my house to it.
- Finally, I really want to start a collection of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in different languages, either in commemoration of my travels or because it’s just one more piece of Harry Potter for me to collect.
Have any Harry Potter facts about you? Leave them as a comment below!